13 Projects Worth RO 3.5bn Announced By Oman Investment Authority
Muscat, 29 Nov (ONA) – Oman Investment Authority (OIA) has unveiled 13 projects to the tune of nearly RO 3.5 billion as part of celebrations marking the 51st National Day.
Nassir Sulaiman Al Harthi, Deputy Chairman of OIA, told Oman News Agency (ONA) that the projects embody the OIA’s strategy that aligns with Oman Vision 2040. The OIA sees various goals for implementing the projects: They enhance efforts to diversify Oman’s economy, attract investments, empower government-private sector partnership, provide jobs for Omani citizens and realize fiscal sustainability, said Al Harthi.
Al Harthi listed the projects as follows:
1. Liwa Plastic Industries project at Sohar Port aimed to bolster the sector of converting industries and energy.
2. Liquefied Petroleum Gas project in Salalah aimed to realize high added value from Omani gas.
3. Petroleum Coke Installation at Sohar Free Zone, whose annual production capacity stands at 500,000 tons that can be increased in upcoming stages. The project also operates 24 megawatt as a subsidiary project.
4. Ibri Solar Plant project, which encourages the use of renewable energy to meet local demand for electrical power.
5. Al Murooj Dairy Products, the first food security project of its kind in the Sultanate of Oman and the GCC. It will target camel and cattle breeders in Dhofar and Al Wusta governorates and other small and medium enterprises.
6. Al Bashayer Meat project, an integrated livestock rearing and meat processing project operating in three centres around the country, in addition to a veterinary clinic.
7. A shrimp farm in Jaalan Bani Bu Hassan focusing on white-leg shrimp. It is the first commercial project of its kind targeting 4,500 tons per annum.
8. Khazaen Land Port (dry port) in South Al Batinah, which falls in Khazaen Economic City. It serves as an important link among seaports, airports and land ports and connects major business and industrial zones.
9. The One-Stop-Station in Salalah, which serves as a single platform for government audit and inspection departments. It works in close coordination with “Bayan” risk management system to facilitate import and export operations.
10. Ahjar Quarry Company, based in the Wilayat of Liwa and implemented as part of partnership with the private sector. This mining project covers an area of two square kilometres. License was first awarded for the exploitation of Gabbro area in 2019. The project eyes 5 metric tons per annum and it is expected to last 50 years.
11. Karwa Motors project in Duqm, which constitutes partnership between the Sultanate of Oman and the State of Qatar. It is designed to produce three types of hi-tech made-in-Oman school buses and city transport buses.
12. Oman International Hospital project, a government-private sector partnership, will provide advanced healthcare services to citizens and residents in Oman, with emphasis on maternity and pediatric medicine, cardiology, ophthalmology and orthopedics.
13. Ducit2 Naseem Resort in Al Jabal Al Akhdar, which boats 250 state-of-the-art hotel rooms and an adventure park covering an area of 8000 sqm.